|This article is a stub. You can help Mordhau Wiki by .|
The Fire Bomb is a throwing weapon which covers the ground where it lands with a deadly field of flames.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Fire Bomb is a small, handheld grenade which can be thrown to create a large area of fire around the impact point. It is used by the Scoundrel default mercenary. The fire lasts for about 10 seconds, but there is a short delay between the bomb impacting a surface and the fire beginning to deal damage to anything. It serves as an excellent means of area denial, such as blocking off a hallway or forcing enemies to back away from an objective. The damage of the fire itself quickly ramps up the longer a player remains within the zone, and continues to deal damage for a short time after leaving the area of fire. After being thrown, a new fire bomb can be acquired by interacting with a Resupply Box.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Fire damage can significantly injure or possibly even outright kill enemies
- Due to how long the fire lasts, it's excellent for area denial and blocking off choke points
- Can serve as an great way to take enemies down with you as a last resort, especially if you have the Flesh Wound perk.
- Fire bombs are an effective method of destroying Toolbox structures.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Only one fire bomb may be equipped per mercenary
- The short delay before the fire begins dealing damage can give enemies enough time to move out of the way
- The fire is prone to accidentally damaging or even killing teammates - be careful when throwing one into a large team fight
- Enemies with the Fireproof perk can easily walk right through the fire without taking much damage - though they can still be finished off by it if they're at low health
- If a player throws a Smoke Bomb near the area of fire, both will immediately cancel each other out
- If the user is struck by a melee weapon while holding the fire bomb, it will be immediately dropped.
Skins / Components[edit | edit source]
The Fire Bomb has X skins.
Historical References[edit | edit source]
---Someone add text please---
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fire bomb is the only weapon in the game which has a limit on how many can be equipped on a mercenary (without taking gear point costs into account)
- You and your teammates always take half damage from the fire itself, even if neither you nor the ally have the Friendly perk - though actually having this perk won't affect the damage.
- If a fire bomb is thrown near the area of a Smoke Bomb or vice versa, both will cancel each other out and end prematurely
- While the user has the Huntsman perk and meets its conditions, the damage of the initial impact increases by 1.75x