|This article is a stub. You can help Mordhau Wiki by .|
The Lute is a weapon which functions as a musical instrument, the only one of its kind in the game.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Lute is a simple stringed musical instrument. It is used by the Engineer default mercenary. While held, the lute can be used to play a few simple musical notes. By default, it has: a sharp plucking note with right click, or a softer strum with a left click. The pitch can be varied depending on the direction the player is looking. It also plays a note when you attempt to kick while holding the lute. Although its alternate mode allows the instrument to be used as a weapon, it's not a very good one, and is generally only used as such as an absolute last resort.
Alt Mode: Grips the lute by its neck, turning it into a makeshift blunt weapon.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Can serve as a halfway decent weapon in a pinch, especially for its low point cost.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Has poor damage output all around.
- Successful parries with a lute will drain incredible amounts of stamina from the user.
Skins / Components[edit | edit source]
The Lute has X skins.
Historical References[edit | edit source]
---Someone add text please---
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Can be equipped by Peasants.
- One of the only weapons with a negative number on its parry drain negation.
- Despite the fact that it is held with one hand in its alt mode, Lutes cannot be used alongside shields.
- A popular usage for the Lute among the Mordhau community is in combination with a program called LuteBot; Through it, a player can easily and automatically use a lute to play a number of custom songs, with some popular choices including At Doom's Gates from the original DOOM game, or He's A Pirate from the Pirates Of The Caribbean movie series.